Here are some research questions to consider:
1. Who appears on coins with Nero?
2. What coins are actually being minted? Did Nero ever stop minting coins? Why?
3. What messages do the coin portray and why?
4. Are there any coins unique to Nero?
1. By what name did Nero refer to himself by in public monuments and architecture made during his reign? If there are differences between his name on a gladiatorial arena and on a public monument, why?
2. Is the great fire mentioned in public monuments?
3. Are there any sayings about Nero? The Cambridge Ancient History mentioned something along the lines of “May you not be as bad as Nero, but as good as the Baths of Nero”.
4. Are there inscriptions that mention news-worthy announcements or military victories under the reign Nero?